The Liberia Telecommunications Authority (LTA) is seeking inputs from the public from June 18, 2020 to August 15, 2020 to enable her to finalize the draft national cybersecurity strategy. The draft document driven on the proposed national vision “to achieve a secure and resilient cyber environment for the protection of Liberia’s digital space” was developed in collaboration with diverse stakeholders. It seeks to, among other things,
- Provide a governance framework and structures with corresponding authority and responsibilities for agenda setting, mobilizing resources, among others, for all cybersecurity matters;
- Establish appropriate legal and regulatory frameworks to guarantee order, protect the innocence and privacy of users and criminalize attacks in Liberia’s cyberspace;
- Protect the physical, virtual and other Information Communications and Technology (ICT) assets within Liberia’s cyberspace through the development of an effective mechanism that addresses and responds to cyber threats irrespective of its origin;
- Help prevent cyberattacks against critical national infrastructure and ensure the safety of information networks by building competency and capability of primary stakeholders;
- Ensure the safety of all online consumers by promoting awareness of cyber risks and developing measures to mitigate cyber risks and attacks; and
- Minimize potential damage arising from cyberattacks and develop capabilities to minimize the effect of cyberattacks through a robust incident management regime;
Click the link below to download the document.